Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday Story from Siva (61): When the rat realised her own might.

Hi,
Came across this story of a rat and her daughter on the Facebook yesterday. It was written in Telugu. I took it as an opportunity and translated it into English. It carries a powerful message that every one is important in his or her own way. A sword has its own purpose and a needle too serves its own purpose. A sword can not do what a needle does and vice versa. Everyone has its own importance. You can not belittle one comparing it with another. Comparisons with others serve no good. Instead it helps a lot if one recognises and realises one's own value. Take a look at this story. 
-------------------------------------------------------------
When the rat realised her own might 
Anonymous
Once there lived a rat in a forest. She had a daughter. She desired to search and bring the strongest groom in the world for her daughter and get her married to him. She searched everywhere in the woods and on the hills. When she looked at the sky, she found the bright sun glowing and spreading the light all over. So, she said to the sun, "You are the strongest in the world. I will give you my daughter in marriage." The sun laughed at it and replied. "Your very thought that I am the strongest in the world is wrong. When dark clouds come over, forget about my strength, I wont even be visible."

The rat soon ran to a cloud, and the cloud promptly told her, "What strength do I have? A strong wind will just blow me away." Realising this truth, the rat ran quickly towards the wind. The wind too disappointed her saying, "Hmmm! Don't you talk of my strength. I am very weak. Look at that hill. I have been trying to push it down for a long time. Though I used all of my strength, I could never move it away even an inch."

The rat caught hold of the hill and expressed her desire to give him her daughter in marriage. "Mine is not a strength at all. I shiver everyday as the sun rises. That big bull from the village with his sharp horns comes every morning and hits me hard. His horns are becoming sharper, but my rocks are getting crushed to dust. You better go and approach that bull," the hill said. The bull too expressed his weakness that a rope was even stronger than him as that could tie him down to a place. Finally, the rope also said that its strength was not that great as even a small rat could easily cut it off into bits and pieces. 
The mother rat, with her eyes opened, realised now her mistake of going around. She found soon another suitable rat as a groom and got her daughter rat married to him.
-------------------------------------------------------------
In this world, everyone has his or her own strengths. It's a weakness to think weak of oneself. And, it's even a bigger weakness to think oneself as the strongest and that no one else possesses greater strength. It is wise to recognise one's own strength in the first place. And then, it is much wiser to appreciate the strength of others too. The world needs all and the collective strength of all is what makes this world a beautiful and a more complete place to live in.


To your continued success,
With love,
Siva
PS: For Saturday stories published earlier on this blog, please click on the link below:
http://value4value.blogspot.in/search/label/Saturday%20Stories

No comments: