Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Motivation for Success from Siva (45): For the spirited, any difficulty is a no difficulty

Hi,
The difficulties come to every one. It is how we react or respond in such times that determines how successful we are in dealing with them. This incident from Ramayana reveals the way one should behave in times of difficulties:
------------------------------------------------
For the spirited, any difficulty is a no difficulty
Rama returned to the Hermitage after killing the demon mareecha, who came in the form a golden deer and misled Rama. He soon realised that it was an act of the demons when mareecha screamed aloud 'ha Sita! ha Lakshmana!' while dying after he was hit by Rama's arrow.

He rushed back to the hermitage and found Sita Devi missing from there. He realised that she was taken away by the demons. Rama started crying uncontrollably. "My brother Lakshmana! I can not live without Sita. She is more to me than my life. If she dies, I will sacrifice myself. Why did you leave her even if that demon called for your names? I told you to protect her till the time I return."

"Lakshmana, there may not be a bigger sinner than me in this world. Otherwise, why am I hit by one sorrow after the other? I might have done a lot of sins in my previous life. Otherwise, why am I facing so many difficulties. I lost the kingdom. My father died. I am detached from my mother and distanced from the relatives. Now, the demons have abducted my dear wife."

Rama continued sobbing, "My Sita is innocent. She is chaste, sweet, and soft-spoken. How much she might have wept when the demons were taking her away in the sky!"

As Rama was talking in this manner, Lakshmana gave him courage. He told him, "Rama, you are a role model for the whole world. How can it be if you also become so depressed in times of difficulties in this manner?"

Lakshmana thus advised his brother Rama saying the following slokam [3-63-19]:
Sokam vimunchi aarya dhrutim bhajasva saha utsaahata cha astu vimaargaNe asya I
utsaahavanto hi naraa na loke seedanti karmasvatidushkareshu II
शोकम् विमुंच आर्य धृतिम् भजस्व सह उत्साहता च अस्तु विमार्गणे अस्याः I
उत्साहवन्तो हि नरा न लोके सीदन्ति कर्मसु अति दुष्करेषु II
శోకం విముంచి ఆర్య ధృతిం భజస్వ సహ ఉత్సాహత చ అస్తు విమార్గణే అస్య I
ఉత్సాహవంతో హి నరా న లొకే సీదంతి కర్మస్వతిదుష్కరేషు II

"Oh, noble brother, banish your anguish and brace yourself with fortitude, and let you be with spiritedness in her searching..... Indeed, there is no backsliding for spirited men in their enterprises in this world, even though the enterprises are highly impracticable."

Many slokas followed by the above one in the Ramayana described the way Lakshmana inspired his elder brother Rama and encouraged him to come out of the grief. Though with great difficulty, Rama took courage and set out with Lakshmana in search of Sita Devi.
------------------------------------------------
Keeping the spirits up and moving forward with a brave heart in times of difficulties is the way to go. When the heart is filled with enthusiasm instead of depression, however difficult a task is, it would appear easy and achievable. While fear, worry, and timidity drain the energy of a person, spiritedness enhances the energy levels.
To your continued success,
With love,
Siva
PS: I welcome your comments on this post at the comments option below:

No comments: