Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Motivation for Success from Siva (43): The Brave Are Never Deterred By The Difficulties

Hi,
Tough times do come to everyone sometime or the other. While the timid people who are worried to face the difficulties lose out in the race, the brave take them as opportunities and realise their potential and purpose in life.  It is the tough who get going during the tough times. Take a look at the brave heart of mata Sita Devi to understand how she reacted when confronted with difficulties:
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Brave Are Never Deterred By The Difficulties
According to Kaikeyi's demand, only Rama was required to leave the kingdom and go to live in the forest. No one else was required to go to the forest including Sita Devi and Lakshmana. Hence, Rama wanted Sita Devi to stay back in the palace. So he told her, "Sita, in order to fulfil the promise made by my father King Dasaratha, I will go and live in the forest and return after 14 years. You need not come with me. Stay back in the palace. The forests are a terrible place to live. Wild animals move there freely. Huge snakes that have no fear at all attack. We have to cross the rivers, waterfalls, and quicksands. We have to live in the open. There will be neither food nor water. There may be heavy winds and downpours, bitter cold or burning sun. That life is not for you. You can not stand those difficulties. Stay back in the palace, and do your duties here peacefully."

Sita Devi listened keenly and patiently what all Rama told her. She felt very sad once she thought about Rama and what difficulties he would be facing in the forest. However, with a brave heart, she replied to him, "Rama, I am not a person who doesn't know about the difficulties of a forest life. But difficulties only make the timid people suffer. When you are with me, I will have no fear. And any difficulty is not a problem for me.

As Rama tried discouraging her again, she told him, "Rama, my father has given me to you in marriage. Now, I am yours. I am your devotee. I am a chaste woman, Your happiness is my happiness. Your sorrow is my sorrow. I know you too love me. I never asked you to fulfil any wish of mine so far. But now, I am asking you for one wish which you have to fulfil. If you don't accept, don't think that I will sit back and stay here. I will drink poison; or drown myself in water; or jump into a fire. Somehow, I will die. It will not be possible for me to continue to live bearing separation from you."

"Not only that, even before our marriage, the learned people foretold that I would live in a forest for some time. and that word would come true now. Allow me to accompany you to the forest."

When Rama was still trying to insist further that she should stay back in the palace in Ayodhya, she became very angry and told him, "Rama, I do not know why you are so much worried about my safety. You are a woman in the form of a man. I can't understand what my father, the king of Mithila thought when he accepted you as his son-in-law. Don't think that I am undermining your valour. If I do so, it is similar to saying that the sun doesn't shine."

"I have no other way. And you are saying that you will go alone leaving me here. I can not live even for a moment without you. If you are with me, the forests would be better than the palaces; the thorns on the way will become softer than the skin of animals; the dust rising due to the winds will be similar to that of sandalwood. Any flower or fruit or a leaf or a root that you would bring for me in the forest would taste better than the best food of this palace. I will not give you any trouble there. Take me with you. I am brave enough to take any difficulty in my stride."
Rama accepted and mata Sita Devi accompanied him to the forest. And that led to the whole Ramayan and the fulfilment of a great purpose.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Every difficulty that comes in our life too has a purpose. And, that is for the ultimate good. Recognising that fact will help us face the problems bravely and resolve them successfully, fulfilling the very purpose of life with the kind blessings of god. For, He has a good plan for you, for me, and for everyone.

To your continued success,
With love,
Siva

No comments: