Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Unstoppable Updates (21) The KOEL continues to sing and rock. So Can YOU too.

Hi,
As the alarm on my mobile phone woke me up at 5 this morning, I sprang up from my bed and took my first steps of the day with a great excitement. Just as I do the first thing every morning, I thanked god for another day in my life and promised to lead a great day today. Then, I was greeted by a loud cheer of a koel that was sitting on the tree next to our home. The branches of the tree that grew very tall over the years were almost touching the window of the bedroom of my apartment on the 4th floor of our building, and I could clearly see the little bird from a very close distance. It was there surrounded by the new flush of foliage that the tree had got in the past few weeks. I quietly reached the window and started gazing at the black beauty consciously making an effort to be as silent as possible in order to not to disturb it and watch it singing more.

After a minute or two of lull, it sang again a high-pitch melody of koo-woo....koo-woo so loud that it sounded as if it wanted to reach out to all the people in the homes in the neighbourhood. That call was full of energy, enthusiasm, and exhilaration. It was so reverberating that it could make anyone and everyone whoever heard it feel fresh and alive. I felt like responding to it with my own koo-woo at the top of my voice too, but did not dare do so with the fear that it might disturb the black musician on the tree and may make it fly away.

I kept quiet and continued watching the scintillating wonder and waiting to hear from it more.  I did not make any sound or utter a word. Though it was not the first time I heard a koel singing, I became very alert and started thinking about it very deeply this time. The little bird inspired me to the core and touched me at the bottom of my heart. It taught me the finest lesson of my life. I wanted to thank it for the revelation it brought upon me. I knew I would be looking for it again tomorrow yearning to listen to the melodies it would be singing. I slowly moved back from the window and came into my home with the thoughts of writing my experience and posting it as a blog.

What a lovely and lively voice this bird has got! It proudly lets the world know what a great talent it possesses. It also uses it to make the world a more beautiful place to live in. It does it day-in and day-out. You can hear it singing those melodies every morning as the dawn breaks and every evening as the sun sets. It waits for none to come and motivate it. It unleashes the precious gift of voice that it has been blessed with without any inhibitions. It clearly knows its purpose and lives it everyday without fail. It makes its presence felt and the whole surroundings fresh and lively. It inspires others too to become fresh and lively. It sends clear signals that whatever the world may think or talk or do, "I would explore what I am endowed with to the fullest. I am not here to be limited by either the belittling words of the world or my own self-limiting thoughts. I am least bothered about the darkness of my colour or shortness of my life on this earth. I am here to take advantage of the great voice that god has blessed me with and use it for the the good of the world, and I would do it to the best of my abilities. I am a unique creation of god on this planet with a purpose to live and serve the world with the competencies I have. And, that is to sing the melodies and soothe the hearts of the people. I shall endeavour to do so till the last breathe of my life on this planet."

The koel is amazing! It continues to sing. It keeps rocking. So too we can. Why not? Let us rock and roll in the field we have chosen to pursue. I will give my best in exploring my skills. You too can.

To your success,
With love,
Siva



No comments: