Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thought of the Day (131): How do you know who you are? Here is the way.

"Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
C. G. Jung


"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

It is important to be self-aware and know who we are and what we want in our life. But the challenge is how to do that? How do you connect with yourself? How do you look within yourself? How do you understand your true potential and become aware of it? What should you do in order to learn about yourself? You can start doing the following 2 things to be successful in learning about yourself.

1) Sit quietly at a place where you are not disturbed by the external noises. Remain silent and ask simple questions about yourself. Just like a small stone dropped in a still pond creates small ripples, these questions will trigger the thoughts of yourself about yourself. You can ask questions like: 1) Who am I? 2) Where was I born? 3) Where did I go to school? 4) What did I do so far? 5) Who are the people I worked with and I served so far? 6) What are the things I loved most in my life? 7) What are my strengths that I enjoyed so far? 8) How can I put them to use for living my life to the best of my potentiality? And any other questions that will help you search for answers. This exercise should help you start appreciating who you are and learn more about your pure potentiality.

2) Secondly, stop judging others and others' actions. When you stop judging others, you start learning more about yourself. As long as you constantly judge things as right or wrong, good or bad, true or false, correct or incorrect, you distance yourself from your own self. So, stop judging people and their actions including yourself. Start thinking silently and start answering the questions of your mind about yourself, your origin, your growth, your development, your dreams and desires, and your path forward. 

You will soon find who you are and what you want in your life.


 To your continued SUCCESS,
With love,
Siva
PS: For success thoughts published earlier on this blog, please find them at the link given below:
http://value4value.blogspot.in/search/label/Success%20Thoughts

No comments: