Saturday, October 28, 2017

Thought of the Day (140): Smile liberally and raise your happiness quotient

"The smile on my face doesn't mean my life is perfect, it just means I appreciate what I have and what God has blessed me with."
Anonymous


"Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful."
Thich Nhat Hanh

Are you happy? If yes, where is that smile on your face that symbolizes your happiness? Are you hiding it? If so, why? Does the smile show up automatically as you talk? Smile is a god-given gift that is meant to be shared liberally with others, and NOT to be hidden inside. Let me share with you a personal experience of mine.

Yesterday, I met a lift mechanic who came to repair the lift in the place where I stay. He completed his job, and he was about to leave the place. After my inquiry about the status of the lift and what went wrong with it, I invited him for a cup of coffee, which he refused saying that he was on an urgency to go back home to meet some domestic issues. Elaborating further, he told that his wife was diagnosed with a water bubble inside her stomach and the doctor suggested her to undergo a surgery to remove the bubble. He said that he was worried because she had already undergone surgeries 3 times earlier for other reasons, and it might be difficult for undergo another surgery now.

And, one thing I noticed all the while as he was explaining was a smile on his face. I was wondering how he could keep that smile on his face even while he was going through such a difficult time. I was awestruck with appreciation for him and his attitude. His smile did not mean that he was not feeling the pain of his wife's illness. He was very much concerned, but he was able to smile. I am sure that attitude and that ability to retain a smile on his face will sail him through at all times, and make his family a happy family.
 

Keep that smile. For god sake do not lose it. He gifted it to you with a wish that you share it liberally with others. Smile and spread the cheer. You will soon see happiness quotient going up.

 To your continued SUCCESS,
With love,
Siva
PS: For success thoughts published earlier on this blog, please find them at the link given below:
http://value4value.blogspot.in/search/label/Success%20Thoughts

No comments: