Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Story from Siva (30): The story of a Son and What He Learned Observing His Father

Hi,
It’s time again for another Saturday story. Hope you are able to spare those 2 or 3 minutes every week to read and enjoy the stories. I am not getting tired of mailing them. And I hope you are also not getting tired of reading them. As such there are many more with me, as some of you have been sharing the stories so that the same could be shared with the whole group. Thank you so much.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The burnt biscuit
Author Unknown (Courtesy: D Jaikumar)
Mom liked making dinners with extra care. And I remember one night in particular when she had made it after a long, hard day at work. That evening, she placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned biscuits in front of dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed.
All dad did was reach for his biscuit, smiled at mom, and asked me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and ate every bit of it.  When I got up from the table, I remember hearing mom apologize to dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: “Honey, I love burned biscuits.”
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human. We all make mistakes at home and office. The challenge however is how we react in situations where mistakes are committed by others, though we also know that we ourselves are not immune to committing mistakes. How did we make them feel? Good or bad? Someone said, “People will forget what you did or what you said to them, but certainly won’t what you made them feel.” Finding reasons for us to make the people we deal with feel better helps build healthy and happy relationships.
The Best for you always!
With love and regards,
Siva

5 comments:

Sarath Babu Balijepalli said...

I started to write a comment on my good friend's short saturday story. However I ended up write a small (big)note on my facebook page. Please read the note by following the link here;
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=185758498111145&id=1225987921

Siva's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siva's Blog said...

Thank you for your beautiful comments on the story. I read them on your facebook page. People without a facebook account may not be able to read your comments there. You may like to post them on this page as well so that they could benfit from reading them. Thanks very much.

Sarath Babu Balijepalli said...

I have followed your suggestion and posted on my blogger;
http://balijepallisarath.blogspot.com/

Siva's Blog said...

That's great. Thank you.